SMBC Membership Information
The St. Marys Boat Club (SMBC) offers a supportive and friendly environment to all boaters, especially sailboat owners. The SMBC is open to new members and it is a family-friendly club.
- Clubhouse Facilities: Full kitchen, lounge areas, showers, storage, campsites with water and electricity, boat hoist and miscellaneous equipment for boat care.
- Docks: SMBC offers both docks on the water and dry docks.
- Supportive Fellowship: SMBC's members are supportive of boat owners and the challenges of boat ownership, repairs and maintenance and sailing and racing opportunities. Not all members participate in the racing events, so the Club offers many other opportunities for fun boating activities.
- Completion by the prospective member of an application, which must be accompanied by the membership dues and other selected fees,
- Introduction at a regular meeting of the club membership,
- A vote by secret ballot at the following regular membership meeting, in accordance with the tradition of the Club since its organization 1948. Also, in this same tradition, negative votes from 20% of the members present at this meeting shall be considered rejection of a proposed member.
Voting on prospective new members may take place at any regular meeting of the club. Each new member will be placed on a one (1) year probation. Following the probationary period, the Board of Governors may review the membership, with the options of rejecting or accepting the member of one year, or recommending that this member be re-evaluated and voted on again at a regular meeting by the membership.
Any member in good standing who is serving in the armed forces shall have their membership maintained during the period in which they serve - and upon receiving an honorable discharge, the membership will be further maintained for that fiscal year.
Any member in good standing, who is delinquent for two (2) years met be reinstated by a vote at the regular meeting, following the above steps, as would a new member.
2012 New Member Form - Please carefully print the application information requested so we can update our database.
The database is used to assure that you receive your SMBC Newsletters ("Wind & Waves"), preparation and printing of Membership Cards, printing of name tags, update of the Club Directory and Mailing List for limited distribution only to fellow members of SMBC.
Complete the Membership Form by filling in the financial elections section with required amounts and other optional elections that you choose for the boating season. Total your elections then make your check or money order payable to St. Marys Boat Club and mail to:
St. Marys Boat Club
Brandi Dickey, Treasurer
3562 Pamona Drive,
Beavercreek, OH 45440